Saturday, May 23, 2009

So it begins!

Hello out there! Wisher here! And now, the first chapter...

Chapter 1: The hat-napping


The sun rose over Disneyland. Colors were illuminated, birds sang, and all the ghosts from the Haunted Mansion headed home after a joyous night of haunting. Princesses rose from their beds and happily said good morning to their woodland creature friends, pirates did their morning vocal exercises to prepare for a full day of singing, and Harold the yeti practiced his roaring.

Yet all was not well in Fantasyland. Merlin had awoken to discover that someone had hat-napped his pointy purple chapeau, and he was terribly upset. He had called the Mad Hatter, who he thought might have taken his hat as a joke.

"Hatter!" he roared into the phone, "I'll have no more of this nonsense!"

"What are you talking about, Merlin?" Hatter asked, wondering why the batty old wizard was interrupting his morning cup of tea.

"You stole my hat, you tea-obsessed madman!"

"I most certainly did not!"

"But... I... I thought..." Merlin faltered.

Hatter was surprised to hear a long wail from Merlin. The only other time Hatter had known the old wizard to be so upset was when his beloved pet frog, Janessa, had died several years ago.

"My show starts again in just a few weeks! I can't go on like this! What would people say? How would I hide my bald spot?"

Hatter was rather surprised to hear the poor old fellow weeping, but he understood completely. Why, if someone were to steal his hat, he would be horribly incomplete. Something about Merlin's plight touched Hatter's heart and he sighed.

"Listen, Merly..."

"It's Merlin," Merlin snapped.

"...I'll help you find your hat. We'll get to the bottom of this."

Merlin quickly imagined several different scenarios that could occur with Detective Hatter on the loose, each one more horribly embarrassing than the last. Still, what could he do? Hatter was offering his help and Merlin couldn't just say no.

"Thank you, Hatter," he said into his glittery purple phone.

"No trouble at all, old gent! Now, first I'll have to call Marchy, and then find my extra-large magnifying glass, and then put up some "Have you seen this hat?" signs..."

Merlin sighed as Hatter babbled on and on. The old wizard shook his head and wished he could have just said no.


And there you have it. Onward, Mickeylover! Onward!

- Wisher





1 comment:

  1. oh no, poor merlin! maybe merwin took it??

    haha, thanks for incorporating my name into the story! i always thought the name "Janessa" was perfect for a pet frog! :)

    ReplyDelete